We are delighted with the prospect of your move to North Alabama. The Tennessee Valley is geographically diverse with rivers, lakes, mountains and one of the largest networks of limestone caves in the world. It is also a colorful blend of cultures and nationalities.
With the high tech nature of our community comes a high education level per captia. Your children will be well educated in our schools. For higher degrees, we have three colleges and several business/technical schools. A graduate degree in engineering or computer science can be earned at one of the finest high tech universities in the United States, The University of Alabama at Huntsville.
You will immediately feel at home because Southern warmth and hospitality pervades the community. Our area is alive with history and culture, making the quality of life high. There are an unusually large number of services offered to our residents due to the strong sense of volunteerism that shapes life in Huntsville.
The Trans Action Real Estate Team wants to extend our warmest welcome to you and will do everything we can to make your transition as simple and stress free as possible. We are sure there is more that you will want to know, so please feel free to call us at anytime for further assistance. We want this to be the best move you will ever make!
The following are some helpful websites to aid our incoming U.S. Military Pesonnel find additonal information about the Huntsville and Madison, AL areas.
1. Home page for the U.S. Department of Defense’s Defense Base Closure and Realignment Commission (BRAC) -- www.brac.gov
2. Huntsville’s own resource for military moves to the area -- http://www.bractohuntsville.com
3. Chamber of Commerce of Huntsville/Madison County provides additional information resources for our military personnel relocating to the area -- www.tennessee-valley.org
4. The U.S. Army’s official Redstone Arsenal website -- www.redstone.army.mil
5. Information provided by The U.S. Army IMCOM (Installation Management Command) Southeast Region for the Redstone Arsenal -- www.garrison.redstone.army.mil/sites/about/employment.asp
6. Redstone Arsenal Flying Activity website offers information on aviation lessons and much more -- www.flyingactivity.com
7. The NASA Marshall Space Flight Center’s official website -- www.nasa.gov/centers/marshall/home/index.html
8. Fort Rucker’s official website -- www.rucker.army.mil
9. Global Security’s information regarding Alamaba’s U.S. Military facilities --http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/alabama.htm
10. The Alabama National Guard’s official website -- http://www.alguard.state.al.us
11. Find terrific additional links about local U.S. Military organizations and programs -- http://alabama.uscity.net/Military/
12. Alabama Department of Archives & History’s page concerning military records -- http://www.archives.state.al.us/referenc/military.html
13. The U.S. Coast Guard’s informational site regarding the Aviation Training Center (ATC) in Mobile, Alabama -- www.uscg.mil/hq/atcmobil/